Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Weeds Wednesday

So, I have a yard now.
It has been a while since we have more than a couple houseplants that live longer than a few months, so it is kinda weird...

I don't really know shit about this type thing, but I guess I should learn something.
How do you learn about yard stuff, though?
Yard class?

Anyway, there was obviously somebody here who knew what they were doing.  They just haven't lived here for a while, so there is some weed creep.
Vines all over, dead stuff, overgrown spots and all of that.

So far, my strategy has relied solely on gut...

Pull out dead stuff, rip out wild vines, cut grass, etc...

The weed part is what I am struggling with.  I don't know what any of this shit is, so how exactly do I tell some "native species" from a weed, or whatever.
My "it looks cute, doesn't stick me with thorns, so it stays" methodology seems pretty weak.
But it works, I guess...

No comments: