Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Out for a Ride

I kept this pretty quiet, but part of the deal with movin' here was that I got to pick up a sweet new ride.

Well, new to me, at least...

An older machine, aircooled, high HP ride.
I pushed it out of my leaky shed, here, for the first time today.  Checked the fluids, fiddled with this and that and got it to fire up after a few tries...
Clunked it into gear, gave it some gas, took a few turns to get a feel for how it handled.  Cruised out into some trees, got some wind, all of that.

Then I dropped that 40" mower deck and really got to some action...



Fucking sweet, in a really not awesome way.


Yeah, I guess I own a mower now.  I mean not technically, I haven't handed any cash to the dude yet, but I did get out to cut some choppy swaths in our overgrown hay field of a yard with it.



I was just going to pay some dudes to deal with mowing, this AM.  Cornered them while they were cutting a neighbors lawn, to see if they would do ours, so I could skip dealing with it.  After some haggling on the dosh, I told 'em to have at it while I hit the ATM to sort them out.

Bastards were smart enough to split, while I was gone...

So, given the break in the near constant rain we have had, I figured I had best try to do something with the overgrowth.  Near two laps, to cut the shit back, until the mower decided enough.  Twice.
I guess I get to tune up a mower...

Probably have more time riding this beast than my motorcycle already.  I feel pretty good about that.


Also spent an hour or so with one of those old timey, spinning blade push mowers that people used before motors, I guess.  Real character and muscle building stuff, that is.  Great if you are into self-flagellation, or some such nonsense.

Luckily, the rain came back, so I could justify knocking off on that shit.
For today, at least...

No comments: