Monday, June 11, 2012

By the Bay

Hey, it is Monday, so you are probably trying to keep your eyes open and look like you are actually working...

This post won't help, sort of a standard weekend wrap up post, I guess.

Big painting weekend for me.  The front room in the new place was painted the color of chocolate milk, with a bonus chalky finish.  That needed to go.
The adjoining hall had similar sad paint issues...
So, both got a paint attack

Some layers of primer and paint and that shit is sort of the color of new leaves now...

That was more work than I remembered painting taking, though I was solo throughout the process.  Past painting efforts have mostly been a team sport, with one person edging and another rolling.
Most people have painted something and know it sucks, so I will shut up about it.

Sat around in the yard, some.  You know, dogs, sun, yard.




Went to that place in the picture.  I am still figuring what the local deal is here, but there is a definite "locals" vibe to a lot of people and they can tell I am not one.  Whatever on that, but this place was chock full of locals.

I guess they have bands on Sunday, though we missed whatever Jimmy Buffet cover show went on, by the time of our arrival.  I don't know that it was a Jimmy Buffet cover band, I am just assuming based on the scene.  Apparently, that is a big thing here according to the one bartender who didn't look shell shocked.  Lots of people turn out for the whole shebangabang.

This joint is on the bay, so you can look at boats bobbing or motor up in your yacht, like some Russian mob boss, and park it at the pier.  The water proximity adds ambiance, I guess, which is reflected in the food costs.

The food was sorta standard New England seafood fare.  You know, shellfish, fried clams, things coated with cracker crusts and baked with sides of standard veg.  I see a lot of "special cracker" crust things on menus here, like pulverizing some Ritz shit is a big deal, weird.
Anyway, we had some squid, fried and tossed in some "Thai" sauce, some standard scallops with cracker crust and a trough of lobster mac-n-cheese.  All pretty good, I guess, or we were really hungry.  Passable, shall we say.

I don't think I quite was down with the whole experience, like I had some authentic coastal moment or something.  For a joint a few miles away though, sure, I will probably end up there again...

No comments: