Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Quiet

Yeah, so we are here in the Ocean State, in case you were wondering...
It has been just over a week since the movers disgorged our load of random crap into the new place.  KVC and I road tripped it up here with the pets on our own.

So everything is here.
Our lives are now fully here.

Frankly, I could have posted sometime sooner.  All the tools for that have been available for about a week, I guess.  I have been doing other stuff, you know.
Unpacking boxes, dragging boxes around, taking the crap that was in the boxes and putting it someplace, buying the stuff we couldn't bring in boxes, calling people about taking boxes away.
Pretty box-centric here...

Anyway, the house is starting to feel like home.
I threw up some of our own lighting and some ceiling fans.  There are some rooms to paint.  The shed/garage has some spots that one can see through to the outside world, which will need to be addressed.
There is that yard, I should really do something about that...

All the pets seem to dig on the new vibe, here.  That is good.

I guess I do, too.
Dig the vibe, I mean.
Quite a bit different from where we were.
Very quiet.

Not like deep country quiet, mind you.  We are sorta in a urban spot, with the highway and airport close by.  There is some kind of mall a few blocks away, and random strip mall stuff in most directions.

I can here birds chirping more than I hear other noises, most times though...

So, I am going to take some more time to muck around with boxes and adjust to my new surroundings.
I will get back to posting random, worthless tripe in a bit...if you are missing a solid source for that.
In the mean time, I am just going to be quiet for a while...

No comments: