Saturday, March 15, 2008

Patience



I am regularly awed by the patience associated with this here car project.

Not my own, the patience of KVC.

She has put up with me tinkering, grinding, drinking, swearing and dicking around in a grimy, noisey, smokey garage for years now as I build this car. And there is still no car, there is still a thing in the garage. My freakish, obsessive nature is usually only challenged by a "What are you doing? I'm going to bed..." late at night. She should be nominated for some sort of sainthood.

KVC, probably, has my mother to thank for all of this. My Mom would indulge my hours spent figuring the best way to spend twenty bucks at the hobby shop, spray bombs in the house and so forth. A similar process of chunking things together, though on a much smaller scale.

When things are apart, as pictured above, there is an obvious evolution in my mind. The model and RC cars of my youth are still right there. The same principles behind getting those remote control buggies to go are built right into this thing. Only now it's life size, it is a real car. Someday, I will actually get to see what it feels like in the drivers seat - instead of just imagining it(I still make the vroom vroom noises in my head). That is about the coolest idea in the world to me.

So, thanks for putting up with this and with me, you two. I appreciate it.

No comments: