Friday, December 9, 2011

Jesus




Not sure where you stand on this campaign cycle.
I know I think it is a terrifying circus act myself...

I also know that this Perry commercial has been making the rounds, and giving him the honor of having one of the most disliked Youtube videos ever.
I just sort of read some of the reaction to it, until just a moment ago.
I clicked play...

Jesus.
What the fuck, man?

I mean really...
It is a majority christian country, as self identified census shows, dude. What is the deal with being "not ashamed" of being part of that whole big crowd?
Good for you and your team, buddy.
And those gays in the military, you know they volunteers right?
Some of them are probably even Christians...
And what the fuck does that have to do with Christmas for your kids, or praying in school?
I mean the Constitution is pretty clear on the whole church/state thing.
We kinda got through that some years ago...

That is your actual campaign ad?
Jesus fucking Christ, man...


And really, what is with the conservative christian under attack thing anyway? Separately.
Under attack from what, from who? Who is conspiring against Christians, really?
Where is this siege mentality based?

Is it just a general fear of Muslims, gays, brown people, Mexicans, hippies or anything beyond the distance one can hear a church bell ring on Easter Sunday? Is it the fact that all of those weirdos hooked up, had an orgy and now their kid is in the White House?

Who seems to consistently be on the attack, while playing the lamb?
The big ass majority, by my accounting.
Self proclaimed Jesus lovers.
How does that work, really, given all that golden rule horse shit?


Damn it, man.

I was in a good mood, too...

No comments: