Thursday, December 8, 2011

Fins

This is one of those deals that has been rattling in my head for months...

With my new found free time and a cold night, I just got to it.


I had this air cleaner from the T lounging on the shelf since I sold it.

Thought about adapting it to the bike, but never liked any way I could make it fit...

So, it sat on the shelf.


I have intentions to cut the cam cover on the bike this winter.

I also have a pile of points covers, which I kinda hate.

And I had this old finned tri-power, 2 barrel air cleaner I would never use.


I got around to trying to mill off the mounting hole for this air cleaner tonight, to repurpose it as a points cover.

My old drill press does not like being used as a mill, so out came a grinder and a beer.

A few holes later, for mounting screws, and my new finned points cover is a real thingy...


I need to grab some longer machine screws to hold it on and clearence the backside some more, but there it is.


I had almost forgotten how easy this shit comes.

Or maybe I had thought about it so long, it seemed easy.


It was good to fire up some dormant tools.

Better than buying some bit of crap, for sure...

I could never find a match for that air cleaner.  It is some old odd shit from Eelco I think.


It has a new life now...


Isn't that what we all want?


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.1

No comments: