Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Travel



People always seem to assume it is really fun travelling for work.

KVC gets that all the time - "Oooh, going to Asia! That sound neat!"

I get that sorta thing less, as I don't really talk to people about myself. When it does come up, that my job has me travelling, I usually just smile it off. I have been on the road more than I am with my current gig, in the past...
Really, it is kind of a pain. You know, there is all the shit at home that needs to happen if you are there or not. Living out of a bag, in weird hotels. The work part and the fact that you really have nothing to do but work.

Lately, I have been trying to enjoy and recognize some of the positives about work travel. They are pretty small things.

Like having a favorite gyro joint...in DC.
Walking in cities when I can, rather than taking cabs.
That sort of thing.

No comments: