Friday, November 18, 2011

Gastropubs

I have lamented the dearth of these microbrew serving, sort of fancy food shilling joints before.
This city, and my hood specifically, is wall to wall with them.
Seriously...

Not that this means anything to you, unless you are here to visit and want anything more than a gussied up sandwich and a side of fries.
That's great, I can sort that out for you...


I just read that one of our favorite haunts, a little seafood place is making the turn. It had a fun little menu, good food and seemed fairly busy. They are even using the word gastropub in the new goddamned name.
That is not even a real word!
It is a stupid conjoined thing.

So, that would make nine, I think, within walking distance of my door. Not a long walk I mean, close by. I am not counting the brewery with food, even. Or the one that sort of is, but also has burritos on the menu. Two more are in the works as well, according foodie news here.


Fucking hell.

I think we're all full up on the pub food already.

No comments: