Saturday, October 4, 2008

Instatutionalized



You know, this song goes way back in my history, in history in general now that I think about it.

I am not sure if there is a song that I identify with, in the same way...
And, I had a pretty chill upbringing - all things considered.

Yet, here it is, to this day a song that I can still relate to.

A song from my days as a youth, not quite cut from the cloth of my surroundings.


An era, where even as a kid, I could see that Reagan might be the spawn of the devil.

That people were suspect in their motives.

A time when Chuck Taylor's made their first resurgence.

A moment when teachers tried to put me in some other place. A place they lived in and understood.
Guys, in their pseudo-intellectual, ineffectual existences, like Mr. Barnett, Mr. Kline and their peers said things to me which still make me want to kick their ribs in, even if they are rolling in wheelchairs...


Note: If you get on the prettynotgood B-List, you are on it for life.


What are you saying that I'm crazy?
Just leave me alone, I'll figure things out.
No, I don't want to talk about it.



Suicidal Tendencies, Instatutionalized.

No comments: