Sunday, January 28, 2007

Cooks in da Kitchen

Hey, hey, it is cioppino day. What does that mean, you ask? That means I am cooking cioppino for some of KVC's cohorts.

I like to cook. I like cioppino. It seems everybody has some opinion on what the damned stuff is, though. It's cioppino, it's a working class stew, it's the stuff the fish dude couldn't sell, tossed in a pot for dinner.

People are serious about this stuff, I guess. It made me self concious enough to actually look at a recipe. I have been making the stuff for a while.
I have always tried to apply the whatcha got approach, to the making of cioppino. Hopefully, peeking at that stupid recipe will not impact my superb natural ability to be super, in regards to stew assembly.


Anyway, it had me thinking about the whole "creative process" bit. What since I have been slathering some paint onto a canvas lately, it invites conversation/critique. You know, the car thing is the same, people like to point out what they would do differently.
Now, sometimes I need that chit-chat about what I am working on. Usually, in my creative process, if I want an opinion I'll ask for it.

You know, too many cooks - you'll end up with some shit stew...

No comments: