Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Torn Between Two Lovers


Well, here is an oddity in posting for prettynotgood...

A sports post.

Ohio State is not even playing Michigan.
Why the hell am I talking about sports?

The fucking Phillies verses the Giants, that is why...

Coming off a series with the Phil's against the Reds, no less...


They are all teams from places I call/ed home.


Yet, here we are with the strong arms from my new base of operations going against the Giants, who I have loved...

Giants love is a heartbreaking thing.
They seem to be set on struggling, loosing closely, for the past few years.

Really, I watched Bonds knock home runs out of that park and felt a part of something...
Dope or no, that guy was the Giants and they have been grasping since he left the game.

The Phillies have demonstrated that they are equally adept at causing an ache in the chest.
They have huckers that make you want to see every pitch and hitters that go big or get out.

Now, they face off, in a series that is sure to twist me into knots...
Loosely tied knots, but the kind of pain that baseball in October is sure to provide.


I am torn...
Old town, new town.
Past allegiances, new hopes.


I just want somebody to stomp the AL...

Is that so wrong?


I am not sure either team has the offense to pull it off, to win the World Series.
They have bats, sure...
But not the kind that make it easy to watch.

A quick check on Stubhub says that I am not seeing any of it in person, for less than two hundred bones...
Which is for the best.
I can suffer this agony in solitude, or perhaps with at the Mexican joint around the corner...

If it is gonna hurt, and it will, there might as well be Tecate, tequila and tacos.
Sublimation and some sustenance, if you will allow...


Either way, this series will bust me up...

Whoever comes out on top had better make up for it.

No comments: