Monday, October 11, 2010

Green Eggs Cafe

A new daytime food joint opened in our neighborhood, The Green Eggs Cafe...

I could post a link, but I don't think you should bother with it.
You will have to find it yourself, if you must.

Really, I guess it was sorta OK...
They just got on my list.

How?

Messing up on an order request. They're new, so I could have let that go.
Not doing a great job on the food, was harder to overlook.

They only had one coffee pot, they told me. That is why coffee took so long to come back around.

Service was slow, though there was a doofy looking host loitering by the door/our table the whole time. (Dude, you pitch in when service is in the weeds.)

What really got me though...

Cash only.


You know, tell people that on a Sunday morning.

Tell me that when I enter, not with the check...

It was five blocks to the nearest working ATM, dammit...
So, I have to leave my gal sitting - hoof past a half dozen broken or inaccessible cash boxes - past a number of restaurants which could have made a better breakfast and allowed me to pay for it in a fairly standard manner in this fucking century...


Don't tell me you haven't gotten the phone line installed yet, for the credit card machine.

Farmers standing outdoors, in a plaza down the street, working from a van can take credit cards...for Pete's sake.
Like magic, through the air.

Don't tell me you are a breakfast place with one coffee pot and more than a dozen tables.


If you can't get that shit together, before opening, you shouldn't quite be open yet...

No comments: