Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The State of Design




You know how there are generational differences in the way people think.

That holds true for designers as well...


There may be some coursework in current curriculum to help young designers have some historical perspective to work from...

Or not.


I am neither all that young or a designer, so I honestly can't say.

Most young designer types tend to annoy the fuck out of me, so I don't even have an outside perspective on the subject, really...


I think I can assume that the designer responsible for this urinal/sink combo - however ecologically inspired it's intentions might be...

Never had to take a piss at a packed, grimey club, back in the day.
I would guess that this designer is too young for that...


My generation has been pissing in sinks for twenty odd years.


Sure, there are some sanitary issues with that.
Hey, it's better than soaking the floor...

And this design does little to solve that problem.

It seems like you are gonna have wee all over the sink and floor with this idea - and once somebody tosses something in that flush hole, it's "bathroom out of order" 'til some sucker comes with a mop...


Maybe go design some new, unique coat hanger...

God knows, we don't have enough of those.

No comments: