Thursday, January 7, 2010

Berets?

This morning I was confronted with the unthinkable...
Until now.

I saw a dude wearing a beret - and he was actually pulling it off.

I don't mean taking it off, which is the natural human reaction to seeing anyone wearing a beret.

No, this dude was totally rocking a beret.


He wasn't even in the military, where they give guys special training just to deal with the ridicule of wearing berets.


Don't worry, this by no means has me contemplating beret shopping.
I will pull off some odd fashion and haberdashery selections, sure...
No berets for me, however.
I know I would look like one of the Griswalds in Europe, wearing a beret.

The only people who should be wearing berets, here in the states, are French teachers and militia members (so we can spot their weirdo asses in public).

And the one guy I saw wearing a beret on the train.
Only because he seemed to know how to do it without looking like a total douche bag.

No comments: