Thursday, August 27, 2009

Futurism


I am not going to on another rambling post about the decay and decline of America today.

No, today I am going to comment on my own optimism.
I do still have some.
No, really...





When I was a kid, I was sure the future would look a lot like this picture.


There would be rockets and pretty girls.
The cars would look like they could fly - and the really cool ones would have wheels and tires that matched what I saw on HotWheels cars.


In spite of everything happening around me, I still hang on to some of that futurist idealism.
Technology continues to outpace me, as much as I try to keep up.

There is cool stuff, world changing stuff, developing.
The progress made in my lifetime is as staggering as anything else in history.


I am still pissed that I don't have a jet pack, though...

No comments: