Friday, March 20, 2009

It Wants to Go



The Model T told me last night that it wants to go outside.

It's ready to go out and be a car.


I could detail how I know that, but you will think I am crazy.
I mean more crazy...
Crazier than somebody who would think they might build their own car.
And then do that.


I know it is an inanimate object and that inanimate objects can't talk.
But I have this crazy notion that they might, if you listen hard enough.

If you spend a few years staring at a toaster, touching it, it will tell you when it is really ready to make some toast.


At this point, the car I have been building and I are fairly attuned to one another.
It has been absorbing Scott energy for some time. We know each other now.

We feel each other.

Soak that in for a moment.


I can't explain it any better.

There was other energy stored in the T. It has been a regular drive around car, a hot rod. It had a life before it found me.
It's barely even a Model T any more.
It is an absolute assemblage if mismatched bits that all have soaked up energy over the past ninety years.

And all of that energy needed to somehow come together. To become a whole.
We've had to get to know each other.
We needed to become friends.
We have had some fights about this and that.
We needed to develop some trust.
But we have gotten past most of our differences, limitations and understand, together, what we are collectively trying to do.

Like making a magnet, everything had to get in line.
The cosmic-mojo-shit needed to get together.

And yesterday, the T told me it was time that we get on with that.


So, I've got some work to do.

No comments: