Thursday, December 18, 2008

Leadership in Treacherous Economic Times

"I've abandoned free-market principles to save the free-market system." -- George Bush




I just have to keep telling myself it's almost over, it's almost over.




If you are abandoning the principles of a system - to save the system...
What does that tell you about the system?

I mean if the principles of the system lead to the eventual collapse of the system, well...

And if the whole point of the free-market system relies on the causality of supply/demand - and you continue to apply the "to big to fail" policy to any industry that...

And you speak of free-market priciples in spite of generations of subsidies to all manner of agricultural/industrial concerns...

And haven't we seen a wholesale lack of principle evidenced by those concerns?



Oh, my head hurts.

No comments: