Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Oh Butter Cow!



I have been feeling out of sorts lately. I couldn't quite figure out what it was that was bothering me.



Then it hit me, no Butter Cow!



I have been having intense cravings for all manner of dairy products. More than usual, at least. Extra cheese, ice cream, you name it.

Perhaps the Butter Cow is connecting with me on some subconscious level.

Typically, in the last few weeks of July, in the run up to the greatest state fair in the world, the Butter Cow starts to visit my dreams. As the days count down, to the opening of The Ohio State Fair, she becomes more bold and manifests her creamy cow-ness in daytime visions.

She tells me of all of the many delightful milk based delights that will be made available in the dairy exhibition area, at the fair. It isn't as though the Butter Cow actually speaks in these visions, that would be crazy. I, rather, infer from her lyrical MoooAhhh noises the message of the milk.

Not this year though.
No creamy dreams, no milk-fat visions.
Just the cravings.



Perhaps I have been removed from the heartland for too long? Maybe my great physical distance from Ohio prevents my direct Butter Cow communications? Has my psyche become lactose intolerant?

Need I return to Ohio to kneel before your refrigerated alter, Butter Cow?


Oh Butter Cow, why have you spurned me!

No comments: