Thursday, January 10, 2008

hip hop is dead

Alright, a person could make a pretty good arguement that hip hop is walking with crutches these days. I'll give you that.

There are too many douchebags "making beats" today to not be overwhelmed by the mediocre nature of readily available listening material.

As an antidote for your disbelief that there is anything worthwhile going on in the medium, I'll invite you to go download a podcast from KEXP though...

Music That Matters, Volume 77 is a bit put together by DJ Chilly (whose name is enough to make me dislike him).

I give it a listen, regular like...
There is some good shit there.
There is a KEXP link over there, though you gotta go to ITunes to download it.
Sort it out, you must be tech savvy.
Savvy?

The other podcasts are pretty great, too.



I'll mark this as a "worst post ever" because it is a blog post about a podcast.

No comments: