Saturday, January 19, 2008

proof of life



Well, there have been a few calls asking just what the hell is up out here...

So, here is the quick rundown:

There have been a few mid-terms, which have proven that I am pretty competant at statistics when compared to your average douche. There is a final left which (barring bureaucratic bullshit) will be the end of this round of school stuff. I will probably final next week. Papers shuffle following that.

There has been no heat here, in the house, for twenty-five days. That has made the mood here something other than rainbows and dasies. The issue was resolved today. Now before you folks in climates which know temp's below fifty degrees laugh, remember that I have been on the west coast for a number of years and that I am a delicate fucking flower.

I have transitioned to a day shift, which has me rising at an hour I am more inclined to retire at. So early, in fact, that I could get up, take the train to work, get in some coffee and still kick roosters out of bed. That is, of course, if I lived in a state where the Terminator wouldn't have my head for kicking roosters at any time, including those hours prior to their appointed doodle dooing duty. So early that said roosters have not always finished their calling by the time I return to the train station, if I cut out early.

KVC has taken flight to Ohio, just today. There are some health issues with the Great Aunt Betty. Word is that the cancer is rising, and not in a horoscopic manner. KVC was of a mind that she needed to say hello in person, and with all prayers not good-bye.


The golden pig is, perhaps, making it's final stroll through the tables. One last round to pinch a loaf on all of the bread plates. To top off the tumblers with it's golden shower.

In closing...


With weak words I try to make the mark.
I try to stay on scene.
I try to stay on target.

No comments: