Tuesday, January 8, 2008

book bs


I tore through this Irvine Welsh book, Acid House just recently. What a fun read. See there are all of these characters who are Scots, their dialog is written phonetically so you are right in on the accent. I love the whole brain game to that and there is some other concept driven stuff as you are reading that breaks things up a bit more than the usual read. It's worth a pick up.







I grabbed this old Russian reader off the shelf, 'cause I was out of fresh print for the train ride. What has it been, like fifteen years since I slogged through this like some Siberian torture trip? Actually, that bit about the Ridiculous Man was pretty good. Oh, and that stuff contrasting men of intellect against men of action seems somehow more relevant this time through.
I musta been a little idiot shit the first time I read this.





Hey, I can't always be plowing through the most depressing books known to man! Sometimes I want to not think about our natural talents for greed, malice and buggery. Sometimes, I want to look at shiny pictures and think about nifty shit. Steve McQueen sure had a knack for picking the nifty shit, then using that nifty shit for it's intended purpose. Steve McQueen was cool.






I am just dipping into this Planet of Slums book. You know, to learn some more fucked up statistics about our natural abilities associated with greed, malice and buggery...

No comments: