Monday, February 5, 2007

trade show, follow up

My fondness for the trade show has been expressed, previously. I had forgotten the most gee-wiz-neato thing about trade shows, though, people with colds. Those folks who feel just a bit under the weather, but just can't miss out on the free pens and catalogs.

Yeah, I have a cold. Nothing makes me bitter like a job-induced illness. I think I am on number three for the season, if you count the possible food poisoning.

Perhaps it is the industry I am in. There did seem to be a bunch of pasty, pale pencil necks trudgung through that convention center. Perhaps I am going through the change, becoming one of them...


Anyway, a good cold is reason to watch dumb movies on the television. You know, not really watch, but sit in a miserable ball near a television with some old movie playing. I usually go for westerns or war movies while chugging cough syrup, but they seemed in short supply.

The movie Groundhog Day was on all day, Saturday. That made for a very interactive experience - I could dose off, rejoin the movie upon waking and then have a very similar experience to the film's main character. Recommended sick day movie...

I watched CaddyShack, again. The unedited version is so much more compelling in it's narrative, don't you think?

There was also some movie where the main characters were secretly bug people. They were trying to fit in, in a small town in Indiana. You can imagine, if you haven't seen this film, wackiness was in order. There was some bug-human mating, kidnappings, pot smoking and pod people action to round out the plot. Oh, there was a bug army invasion set to nuke us all, narrowly averted. Really good cinema. I have no idea what the movie was called.


If anybody has seen the bug movie, let me know. It may have been the medication that made it so entertaining. It may have been the medication that produced it, now that I think about it...

No comments: