Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Last Nights Dream



Sometimes I have dreams that seem to just be for entertainment...
Last night I had one that was sorta like a 70's TV movie thing.
I didn't actively participate in any of the action, I was just watching it.

The major plot line was about how an aircraft carrier was coming into this port.
Not like a navy aircraft carrier, but a private company's aircraft carrier I guess.
So, there was hoopla and what not, for whatever reason...

There were these dudes in kayaks trying to chase this rare kind of seal out of the aircraft carrier parking space.

While all of that is going on, there are flashes to these two guys talking.  One dude is the guy that owns the aircraft carrier and the other is somehow deep in debt to guy one.  There is an undertone of menace.

Following me?

The dream just goes back and forth between these two narratives.
Arriving boat, blocked by endangered seal.
Guy trying to get out from under his crushing tab to the boat owning man.

Then, boom, cut to a scene with the indebted guy standing on the aircraft owners patio.
He has a giant platter of snacks, all manner of delicacies...
Including a large chuck of what seems to be grilled endangered seal meat.
There was also a pitcher of cocktails, which he described as cinnamon stick infinities, which even while dreaming I thought sounded pretty awful...

The implication is of course that the dudes debt is cleared, for getting rid of the aircraft carrier parking spot blocking seal.
And that was it...


Anybody want to interpret that for me?

No comments: