Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering

I am not going to dwell too much on what today is, here on the internet...

No pictures of firefighters, airplanes, rubble or flags.


I am pretty sure you can go find that somewhere else pretty readily.


I do vividly remember that morning, in Seattle.
Sitting on the bed, watching the world change on a TV in the bedroom.
Trying to process what I was seeing, what it meant.
I remember shaking, slightly...

I remember talking about what we were going to do, if something happened in Seattle, with KVC. Where we would meet, when we could, if it came to that.
I strapped up, that morning, thinking that it seemed a pretty weak defense against a crashing plane.


I went to work that day.
It was cool and damp that morning, in Seattle.
I was on a motorcycle, so I am sure the watery eyes were just caused by the wind...
Nobody really worked, the phones didn't ring except for spouses calling.
Internet news and random reports.
Quiet fear of things nobody could quite process, that day, or still.


And things went on...
In spite of, because of or indifferent to the events of a decade ago.


I do remember.

No comments: