Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Udon

So, I have lamented my udon situation previously...

Philly ain't big on udon.
I really like good udon.


I have recently even been on a Neoguri udon tear, just because...
Which is sorta decent instant ramen stuff, if you are not down with this kind of jive.
It fails on a noodle level, but fills a void.
Decent flavor, lots of seaweed, dull noodles.

Anyway...
One of our close by sushi joints (Koi) has some noodles on the menu.
Including udon and bimibaps, which I have been hesitant to try. Nobody wants a lame noodle, after all.

So, we ordered in from them tonight.
I got some yaki udon, for fear of lame noodles but genuine interest...
And they have got some decent noodles.

Let's hope for some decent broth.
I may be set.

I may not even care. The noodles were good, the rest could be from a can and I could just shut up about it...


Some steaming udon after an autumn walk is the ruler style stuff.

Mix in a motocycle ride and you are golden.


Like the leaves on a fall tree...




You may have gathered from this that I am particular about noodles.
You would be right, in thinking that.
Noodles are super cool, but only nicely done noodles.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments: