Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Off the Air























Yeah, I was off line there for a moment longer than usual...

If you missed me, that is sweet.


Needed to take a moment to assess what the hell I am doing with this still, and social media and other bullshit that does not really provide anything but noise in my day to day.

There is sooo much that a person can allow to creep through the cracks and into your head...
I think I have given up on the f-book crap.
I am just tired of banal posts about what time people are going to work, what movie they saw, what talking point they care to echo from their favorite pundit...
I don't care about much of it, honestly.

This is going to keep running, I think.
I enjoy this more, and all three of the folks that check in here seem to as well...
Hoping that I may actually start doing some more actual writing and posts with more than a, appropriated picture and my lame caption.


I recently read an interview with the artist Jaume Plensa that got me thinking about all of this.
He made a comment "we don't know anymore if we are talking with our own words or with the words of somebody else, because our time is so noisy in terms of message and information..."

That concept has been weighing on my mind.
So, I am trying to tune out some noise and listen for my own voice again...

No comments: