Sunday, March 20, 2011

Smelts



Yeah, so if you know me you know I am want to order random restaurant stuff because I have never had something...


Which means I occasionally get some new to me thing that I may not need to ever experience again.



Smelts have been on the menu at one of the local gastro-pubs for a long time...

(Note: By using the expression gastro-pub here, I am attempting to make the expression less cool and therefore make the idea of a gastro-pub less attractive to restaurateurs, thus reducing the number of fucking gastro-pubs we are subjected to.)

Now, I didn't really know what smelts were...
Just a vague notion of some manner of bait fish.
When I learned that they were battered and fried I figured why not?
I can eat nearly anything that has been battered and deep fried...

Yeah, so I had some smelts.


I am not sure I need to have any more.

No comments: