Sunday, September 6, 2009

More Ball


Yup, play ball boys!

I think it is still summer.
Sure, kids have gone back to school and the days are shorter.
Godammit, there is still baseball being played though...
So that means it's summer yet.





Finally going to see an A's game, today.

A's vs. Mariners.


Seats for an A's game seem to allow for some bargain shopping.
I couldn't resist.
Really, row 5, up from first, for thirty bucks?

Hell yeah, I will take those...


Half of what got me was the Mariners.

I still have a soft spot for the Mariners, from our years in Seattle.

Plus, KVC thinks Ichiro is cute.
She says he is like a cat - with the stretching and the what have you.
I think he plays good old fashioned baseball. He is well on his way to a ninth season with 200+ hits, still quick on his feet.



The A's...
You know, I can't quite figure what goes on with professional sporting teams from Oakland.
There seems to be some intrinsic self destruction cycle that all the city's coaches/team owners can not avoid.
Regardless, the ever rebuilding A's tend to field a team that attempts to make up for that fact with nothing but youthful enthusiasm.
Build a team with a bunch of guys who have something to prove, they'll play with their hearts.

Seattle started this series with a bit of a home run derby.
Here at the end of it, I am sure there is still some action left.


So let's go see some ball.

No comments: