Monday, September 21, 2009

Busy

You can tell when I get especially busy with other things when things start to seem a lot like robo-posts at prettynotgood.

I was working on this show, which was a bit intense.
It was loaded with interesting speakers who were talking about how we realte with technology. The attendees were lots of folks who design stuff that allows us to interact with technology.
Lots of cool stuff and the distinct scent of futurism.


I like futurism.


Take a minute to google some of the presenters, 'cause they were talking about interesting stuff. Things like 3D sound modeling, the impact of autism in design, cookie sized inter-relational computers, non-profit urban design, audiance interactive installation art.

After a while, most of these events just wash over me. One can only hear about dull ideas delivered with dense Powerpoint slides so many times, before the ability to tune it to a level just above white noise takes over.

I actually enjoyed listening to most of last weeks folks.


That was plenty to fill my schedule.
I also got to drag a lot of gear around for some of this, which was captured and broadcast between the schlepping of gear. If you wanted to see some of that and are in the Bay Area, you can find a schedule for when it airs next here.

If I was into football I may have been more excited about the whole deal.
I did get to hear Paul Anka sing a bit and stand around with Jerry Rice.

I also got to lift a bunch of heavy stuff, have a screen almost fall on my head, refocus projectors repeatedly and...well, you get the idea.

No comments: