Thursday, February 12, 2009

Caudron Replica




I will be the first to admit my projects get a bit out of hand. I start with a stew of images and references, I look through catalogs and never find what I see in my head and I start figuring out how to make it. Whatever it is, it takes longer than I thought and usually takes two or three attempts.

This guy has me full on beat, and I don't even know the story.

He liked the Caudron racer.
A one off plane, built to go fast.
The original is long gone.





So working from some drawings, not plans mind you, three way drawings.








And what pictures he could find of the Caudron.








He built a replica.

A real, zooming through the air, airplane.





That is a whole other level, right there.
I can't even imagine jumping into that sort of project...yet.
Sounds like a whole lot of fun, doesn't it?

You can click on the pics to enbiggem.

No comments: