Thursday, March 14, 2013

Reader...Poop

I am going to nerd out and moan about the coming death of my RSS feedburner, Google Reader...

Saw it coming, I guess, when they killed the sharing options.  Google has mentioned the offing of other services I sorta use, too.
The e-mail might be all that is really, actually useful thing in their cadre, to me.
(If I ignore the search, maps and navigation stuff, I guess)

Anyway, I know some of you are Reader fans too...





What's your plan?
NewsBlur? Or some other web based deal?
I can't see going with some desktop based RSS feed thingy.
Nor can I see using any of the apps I run on the tablet.  They all seem a bit weak and half work off Reader.
Certainly, I can't see using Google Currents.  It'll probably just get killed, as well.

I am eyeballing NewsBlur because of the sharing options, but wonder if that is relevant should I be the only person I know using it...


Should I even mention that the Google privacy suit really has me wanting to jump ship on the whole damned company?
The now legally mandated privacy policies implemented within the company seem a little lame and a lot late.
They are a bit integrated in my life, I suppose.  I am increasingly less satisfied with that fact...

No comments: