Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Conceptual Art





If you will think back, I have maybe mentioned my fondness for conceptual art.

Ideas like audience, voyeurism, performance and all that kinda shit...
I can actually hold up the end of a conversations on the subject, which is about the only value my studies on the subject provide, in real world situations.
After some years, my talk on the subject is peppered with more curse words and less speedy recall of artist's names, but whatever...


Anyway, here is a video of some Korean painter dude who screams at his paint, because it can record the energy.
Right.  Got that?
See, that makes complete sense to me.  So simple it is kinda brilliant.
The viscous media of paint would actually be affected by the different airflow, temperatures, spittle and such a good scream would provide.  One can even suggest the surface being affected by the sound waves, if you care to go on with that course.

Though that is all bullshit, too...


Some days, I wonder why I keep at this whole dealio, here.
Then I come across something like this and want to share it.
So, maybe, this is like the surface of some wet paint that I am screaming at...
In the hope that the energy of my moment is somehow temporally transferred to you.
A long term pastiche of my conscious.subconscious, somehow constructing it's own long term narrative.

Which might also be bullshit.

No comments: