Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Race



You may have noticed that there have been shockingly few posts with that "politics" label attached in the recent past here...

I used to go on at some length about political topics.
I am still wildly opinionated on the subject and fairly well versed on what the hell is going on.

I just don't see the point in talking about it, at this moment in time...




Not because I don't think it is worth it.
No, really it is a reaction to the point, as a nation, we have reached in the conversation of politics.
There is so little room for debate, as most people seem to merely parrot the opinions of whatever their preferred media pipeline pumps out.  I can barely tell if folks even think about positions, at this point. 
It's all "us and them" and "they are taking this from us" and fuck all...


So, I am just shutting up and watching the monkeys fling poo at each other.


My observations, at the moment-

The current incumbents have failed on some of their promises.  Some of those failures are due to an immobile opposition in Congress and some are just flat fucking flops.  Though Guantanamo is still there, it does seem we are getting out of the war business...slowly.  
And blah, blah blah.

You already tuned out there, didn't you...
See, I am sure you probably have your own thoughts on how Obama has done in his first term.  I am also pretty sure that anything I post here is not going to substantially sway your opinion.

Similarly, I am of the opinion that the gentlemen pictured above are not better equipped to resolve the challenges faced by our nation and will likely not be convinced otherwise.
Also, I think they are creepy, whacko, poopoo-heads that I wouldn't care to take a four hour car trip with, let alone have them run the country for four years.

And, on to November...

1 comment:

Travis Perich said...

Took the words right out of my mouth!
TP