Friday, February 10, 2012

Oops

Yeah, sorry if we messed up your neighborhood...

Let's not get too heavy into details about what happened exactly.


It seemed like a routine run to pick up some hagon field capacitors, I needed for some work in the lab.  The thing about hagon field capacitors is that you can't just buy 'em off the rack, here.  Some bullshit rules about national security, or something.  I have only been able to source them through some shady folks on the other side of the planet, you know, don't ask questions about it.  OK?

Like I said, they are all the way on the other side of the west coast.  No overnight shipping, because of the stupid customs and all.  You gotta pick the capacitors up in person...
Now, I have made the trip a bunch of times with a couple of the baboons, Jake and Earl.  We have done it enough times that I usually let Jake take care of most of the flying.  So I can catch up on reading and what not, you know it's a long flight.


Anyway, I needed some more of the damned capacitors because the reactor keeps popping them under heavy loads.  I also wanted to watch Antiques Roadshow that night, so I figured that I would just let Jake and Earl make the run for me.

Of course, the one time I let the baboons solo on the trip there is trouble.  I am not going to get into the details, but some stuff happened, an engine fell off, blah, blah, blah...

Typical.


Like I said, if this is your 'hood...
My bad.
I mean the Air Force should take some responsibility too, but they are acting like this shit never happened.  Jerks.  And technically, Jake was flying, not me.
Regardless, sorry about that whole mess...

Jake was able to limp the bird back to the base and I have some back-up hagon field capacitors finally.
We are already patching up the unspecified flying machine.


All the sort of stuff that people don't consider, when you are trying to take over the world...
It is a lot of work.


No comments: