Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Buttoned

You didn't think I would let dumping a lifter on the floor bum me out, too long...

Right?

So, this is in place with only some bloody knuckles and heart ache.  The only real delay was making sure I remembered where those cam dots were supposed to be.  Most of the heavy lifting was already done.

That misaligned locating tab and I talked with the vise and the mallet.  Things got sorted out with some coercion.

That little hook at the front is not the norm for cam cover chops, I suppose.

I think about things, as you know if you are here much.  Usually, dudes just cut straight along the bottom.  That is great for them, but I think the curves on the front of the case seem unresolved that way.  Thus the little hook. All the lines get to meet up, before they stop.

Odd, maybe.  It just makes more visual sense to me.  Those curves are distinctly Sportster, in my head.  Disrupting them makes it seem like trying to make it look like a big twin, sorta but not really.  So, I did that...

There will be a sprocket cover/heel guard over that ugly belt bit.  I just needed to see what this looked like before I put any heavy thought into that.  There is a kind of over-all vision I have going, but sometimes you have to let things reveal themselves before you react.

One step at a time...

No comments: