Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Ride


You may have heard m mention some kinda ride this weekend...





What's up, you ask?

Well, I am headed down to DC for the Rolling Thunder ride.





I know, that sounds about like the exact opposite of anything I might jump in on...
But that is what it is.


My Dad mentioned this deal about a year ago, said it was something he wanted to do.
I sorta gave it a whatever, as a passing fancy, but he kept talking about it...

Said it was important to him, something he wanted to do.


Now, my Dad and I have had a policy of not expecting much from one another in the past. We just sort of passed by each other when it was convenient.
I think we have both grown up some and developed a degree of understanding about each other in the past few years...

You know, we're family.

So, with that in mind, I came to the conclusion that I needed to get on board with deal.


It has a lot to do with why the T is gone and the bike is here.
If I was gonna do this ride thing, I was going to feel good about it.

I was gonna be all in on the deal...


I guess I am.

He is to.

The two of us are going to pound out some miles, get lost, drink a beer or two, laugh and squeeze into some kinda crazy huge motorcycle parade.
A couple of guys, a couple of bikes, a couple of miles together...


I am sure we both have our own reasons for doing this thing. I think a lot of them are similar and some a bit complicated.
Just because we are grown-ass men does not mean either one of us has this out shit figured out.

Sometimes, just watching mile markers pass by with somebody is enough...


That is the story, I am not sure what else to tell you until it's done.

1 comment:

alexis said...

this ride is gonna be really real.