Friday, November 26, 2010

Influence


So, it is pretty rare that I am so direct in pointing out my influences on any given project...

But this bike happened to be featured today on another site today.

I thought I would share...


I have mentioned before, the newer Sportsters have a lot of potential to be something cool.
This is a case in point...

It is a bit older than what I am starting with, but demonstrates what I am taking about.
Fairly simple modifications to this one, but it does it well...

No glitter, no bullshit...


I am not going to copy what Dan Collins has done with this here machine.
It has been in my head, since before I purchased mine, however.

I need to work around the requirements of this state I live in...
They require signals, idiot lights and whole list of other stuff, to get through their inspection process.
Stuff I will have to work around, while trying to get to cool...

Some things, like super narrow bars for lane-splitting are less relevant to me.
Technically, that is illegal here...and a bit absurd, if your footpegs or ass is wider than your handlebars.


But here it is.
Some of my inspiration...

I am shooting for an East Coast version of this.
It'll have the stuff to make it less than a fix-it ticket magnet...
Fenders and cast wheels, to deal with crap roads here.
I want to keep some suspension travel, for the same reasons and for two-up riding...

Simple, easy, clean.

All business...

No comments: