Thursday, May 6, 2010

The State of Design


Alright, what the fuck is with designers improving ice cube trays?

Trays with special cube release systems.
Cubes that aren't cubes.
Trays in futuristic shapes.


I swear I see some "life changing" new ice cube tray concept once a week.

Look at this thing.
Thirteen bits of a plastic, places to leak/break.
Plus, it would need to be assembled in some horrible third world to find a price point for any actual market.


You know what designers...
Chill out on the fucking ice cube trays.

I just want some ice in my damned drink.

If, heaven forbid, an extra few cubes slip from my archaic ice cube tray while I am getting some ice...
You know what?

It is only water.
Easy to clean up water...
Especially easy when it is in a solid form.



Go design a chair or something.

Christ knows we don't have enough unique designer chairs.



No comments: