Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Hey, Palace People!



I feel like I hardly know you...

I am guessing that the feeling is mutual.
Professional decorum dictates a degree of distance.
I am sure that you understand.

My seeming aloofness was part of the facade I was required to present.
Nothing personal, between you and me.

Such is the nature of professional pretense and such...
The nature of the work.
Working relationships...


I will admit, I did sorta sneak out.
Under the radar, if you will...
Only because it needed to be done.
Lest I say what I mean, what I really think...
Of anything.
What I think of it all.

My own vanity, I admit, prevented me from allowing any hub-bub...
I couldn't allow myself to be all weepy and watery eyed in my departure.
My rather long imagined escape.
The sorrow in leaving is, perhaps, superseded by my optimism for new opportunity.
Hopefully, my desire to maintain some dignity is something you can understand.


I learned a lot, alongside all of you.
I could discount that, but I won't.
It deserves recognition.
As do you...
It was a pain in the ass and a pleasure, what we did together.
You can decide for yourself which part I played a part in...
I will do the same.


Yet, as mentioned, we barely knew one another...
We will have to count that as our collective loss.


There is always the future.

Perhaps, we will find one another there...


Good luck to you, in the mean time.

I will miss you...

No comments: