Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thiebaud Thursday








You know, I just realized that I never talk about art here at prettynotgood.

Which is weird.
Because I like art.
And I did a bunch of schoolin' to learn how to talk about art.

Turns out I don't really like talking about art all that much.

You either like something or you don't.


The rest is just bullshit yammering, ego-singing and similar poo.


Anyway, I really like the paintings of Wayne Thiebaud.
I have for years and years.

American impressionism would be crap, were it not for this guy.

That is a sweeping statement, sure.
But when was the last time you had anything good to say about American impressionism?


If you don't know this guys work, go check some out.
It is all about moment and mood and light.
It is, also, often about delectable confections.

No comments: