Monday, May 11, 2009

Can You Hear the Hammer Strike?

Oh shit...

I am on one.

Everything is upon me.

I have that feeling that makes one shake.
The tension of unresolved creative thoughts.
Frustration with the all, the everything.
The shakes.

You know, when you just have shit to do, but you are not doing it...

It gets you so wound up that your hands shake.

The thoughts, the thinking...


There is no solution but doing something, something with your hands.
Doing something with your head...


I am deep in, right now.
Right at the heart of that sensation.

I could lay a mile of track right now...
A few hours of pounding spikes would do me good.

Swinging the hammer.

Ping.
Ping.
Ping.

Pick it up.
Lay it down.

See the head of the spike.
See their head on the head of the spike.
See the spike.
Be the hammer.



Maybe you don't know.
Maybe it's just me.
But I get this way more than I care to think.


The shoulders tense.
My eyes get that stare...
The stare that sees the end.

The head that makes my speach quicken.
That makes my hands move.

I talk fast because I mean it.

I mean what I say.
I make what I see.
I do what I do.
I get by.



I am ready to lay a mile of track.

Ping.
Ping.
Ping.

Hear the hammer fall.

Ping.
Ping.
Ping.

No comments: