Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Bold

I had a moment to take in some news yesterday and was left flabbergasted.

A member of Bush's Council of Economic Advisors bluntly stated that he does not believe the proposed economic stimulus plans will work.


That is a pretty bold statement, but it is not what blew me away.

What got me was that somebody would expose themselves to the national press as part of Bush's Council of Economic Advisors.

Hey, your term is about up dude!
And all of that advising you have been doing, um, look around.
Clearly whatever you have been advising for the past three years is not quite working out either.
You gotta update that resume soon.


The only way to top that is with Cheney's Council of Hunting Advisors issuing a statement saying that using the safety on loaded your shotgun and keeping the thing pointed at the ground while walking around is a bad idea.



The whole deal makes me want to be an economic advisor.

It's the new meteorology.
You can get things wrong most of the time.
But you don't have to tie yourself to a tree, while filmed by a news crew, for every hurricane that comes along as an economic advisor.

You just have to weather this shit storm.



While we are on the subject of delusional narcissists - American Idol is back on!
Yeah!

I am not exposed to enough crazy, self-involved, fragile-ego'd freaks in my daily life, American Idol lets me marvel at even more of them.


My fondness for the whole of humanity grows eternally...

No comments: