Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Market Adjustment

Yeah, market adjustment...

I could also title this Reaganomics Roosting, or any of a number of clever things.

Is it wrong to be compelled by such an economic downturn? Probably. The whole elephant argument for free markets and deregulation just makes this a bit funny, to me at least.
But when one is so confronted with such a turn, which so messes with the pig fuckers and greed whores, it is hard not to be a bit amused.


As I was sitting in classes, recently, I was shocked by the institutional teaching of constant growth. It seemed delusional, to me. Yet that absurd premise is accepted methodology in today's marketplace. So little regard has recently been given to the causality of overvalued balance sheets, underfunded corporate borrowing, fraudulent growth expectations and the reality of our economic situations.


Adjustment was inevitable...


Lehman Bros. has collapsed and Merrill Lynch has run for the door. AIG has joined the loosing team, as well. It all happened because of their efforts to cash out on the American dream - at the expense of the American people.

Constant growth.

So, here we are.
A world market behaving as a dive bomb, golden parachutes have been deployed and the global economy is in a soon to be shambles.


Then there is the price of oil. Weren't we just hearing that the run-up in oil prices didn't have anything to do with speculators? Yet, even in the face of OPEC pumping cuts and refinery shut downs, as the rest of the market falls into decline - the price of crude drops. Sure, there are larger factors at work. I get that, but I am also not an idiot and I do have a memory that spans more that 72 hours. If you tell me that a portion of the reduced price of oil is not due to decreased capital/credit available to commodities brokers, I'll laugh in your face.


I hope you sold short, because the rest of 'em are taking it in the shorts.

If you didn't, well I hope you have a tanker of gas, ammo and some water stashed in some remote location. Mad Max meets Grapes of Wrath shit is what I am talking about.


Perhaps, we should all go shopping, for freedom.
We can charge it...

No comments: