Monday, September 8, 2008

G6 GXP



So, here it is.

Following KVC's surgery and some thinking - it was decided that KVC was deserving of some greater luxury than afforded by a 10+ year old truck.

The criteria laid down by KVC was some greater fuel efficiency and something cool. I was hoping for something that went like a hell-bat, was cool and met the KVC goals.

We did some shopping, all over. The Mazda 3 turbo was leading the list, but in our effort to exhaust options we stumbled upon this thing. A 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP, not new but new to us.

After some haggling, it has lived with us about a month...

I am pretty sure we are both satisfied. It goes like stink, with 260hp and a auto/manual select gearbox. It has disks on all four, so it hauls to a stop as quick as it goes. The interior cues on the Axis Power's sport sedans, plus some bonus bits. Added bonus, it is a GM product.

It feels small and sporty, though now that I see it in the garage it absolutely dwarves the Model T. I would have thought it was much smaller, externally, until I had some comparison.

So, the cat is out of the bag I guess.

No comments: