Wednesday, October 8, 2014

This Place



I may have mentioned previously that I am often confused by the local scene here.
Let me just illustrate where some of that comes from...

This is Buddy Cianci, mayoral candidate for the city of Providence.


The guy has been mayor here twice, with those combined terms adding up to more years than any other local mayor.
Those two stints as mayor both ended because of resignation related to a felony conviction.
The first one for assault, because sometimes you gotta whoop ass I guess...
The second for racketeering, with indictments for conspiracy, witness tampering, extortion and mail fraud.
Well reported incidents of generally shady deals under his watch.
He has been quoted bragging about some of those deals, like the time a fire department insurance plan was picked based on who won a game of pinball.


Buddy is hoping to get behind that desk again.
Currently leading the polls by six points.
Folks here seem to love the guy...


So, there is a little peek into the local vibe for ya.


(For the record, I fully support the efforts of Mr. Cianci in his bid for reelection.  All of the other candidates are probably some of those reptilian-space-alien-jihadists that mean to destroy our way of life, that you hear about in the darker corners of the internet.  I shun them and put all backing behind this guy, because, after all, I am going to be living here for a bit and I don't want to be on this dude's bad side.  Vote Cianci!)

No comments: