Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Hipster




So, my mind was wandering earlier.
It does that.  A lot.

My l'il bean is a jelly fish adrift off the shores of Hawaii.
Aimlessly floating.
Feeding.
Stinging things.

And, you know, Magnum PI lives in Hawaii.
(Sure, he is real...in my mind.)
So, I was contemplating Magnum PI and it occurred to me...


Magnum PI is the base innovator of current "hipster" men's fashion.


Let's not get into the linguistic hipster discussion or definition process, just hear me out.

Wacky, brightly colored shirt - right there.
Tight jeans - yup.
Kinda army surplus belt - check.
Low top tennies/top siders - always.
Giant old school camera accessory - present.
Moustache - accounted for.
Fondless for tank tops - oh yeah.
Dude short shorts - yes.

Seriously, the only real difference I can spot is the colorful RayBans trending with the newly urban, art schooling, beat making, pastey, male youths, as opposed to MPI aviators
The rest is hard core Magnum PI.


No comments: