Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Tofu Tuesday



Tofu, right...about that...

There is talk around the house of a more, uhm, vegan diet.
That is a whole thing, of course.  Things here tend to be pretty healthy, but you know the vegan thing seems to be all about the rules.

Anyway, it has me poking around the web, looking at vegan cooking stuff...





Kinda weird, the demographic of vegan-food-blogger-types.
Observations.-

It seems to be almost exclusively written by women.
There are way too many soup recipes.
Vegans must have crazy sweet cravings, 'cause there are a whole bunch of dessert recipes.
Man, beans, a lot of goddamned legume based things.
I am one to make sweeping generalizations, based on minimal research.


Anyway, there is that going on.
I suppose I am down for the concept, but it does also make me want to go get a hamburger.
My gal is a pescetarian, which pretty much makes me one, too.  Most days...
As the primary cooker/grocery-getter, around the house, I am pretty not into having to prepare two separate meals, at every meal.  Or a meal and another thing, or however you parse the deal out.  That just gets cumbersome and seems stupid.  And, maybe I am too lazy to do it.

There are the health benefits and some relief from all of the heavy ethical issues of eating meat.  I ponder that stuff, regular like, you know...

Likely, there will be a menu shift for my better half and I, when cooking at home.
I will continue my eat-whatever-the-hell-I-want-in-moderation approach, most days.  It seems to work for me, on some level and I hate giving good shit up because of somebody's made up rules.


Oh, I found The Vegan Stoner website and it's got fun recipes and a killer presentation.
Here is a recipe for Asian style lettuce wrap things, that looks good.






No comments: