Wednesday, April 24, 2013

People


I was reminded today that any task that one can possibly complete on-line, should be done that way.

The reason for that - People.

Have you dealt with any people lately?
They tend to be absolute water-headed buffoons.


My simple mission, get an EZ-Pass toll transponder.
I am not sure why I haven't done this before, 'cause Lord knows I had a trees worth of toll receipts in the truck, but anyways...
Seemed to me that just going to pick one up made sense, today.
I saw that the AAA branch had 'em, so I could avoid any actual government office, while on this mission.

Super, easy right?

No.

Mind you, I have all the stuff ready to prove residency, this, that and the other thing to accomplish the task.
I had actually just reread the requirements, before walking out the door and driving to the location.

First girl "Oh, we can't do that with this license and that. But let me check..."
Next woman, eavesdropping on my situation, "Yeah, we can do that I think, but I don't know how."
New dude "Sure, we can do that, with that..."
First girl, to me, "Yeah, I am sorry but we can't do that."

I was standing right there, hearing all of this.
Their conversation happened right in front of me.
I had everything required to complete the task.
Just not the things the first girl was used to seeing.

I just wanted to give them money...
To get a device to make it easier to for me give them fucking money.
Nope.


I came home and got it done in about four minutes.  Four actual minutes.  Done

And I am left thinking that the Cranston AAA branch is staffed by a pack of dull morons...
Nothing more outrageous than a person unwilling to do something because they think it is against the rules - when they don't actually understand the actual rules.  Just completely fail in their base responsibilities  due to their own gross incompetence, right in front of a customer.


Fucking people...

No comments: