Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Specials



One of my homies recently made mention of how he was bummed my Model T went down the road...

I sorta concur, but at the same time I am cool with it.  I learned a lot dicking with that pile of parts, really.

Even as I was putting it together, I sorta knew there was something that I was missing or, maybe, not getting right.
Not that there was some mechanical or engineering flaw, just some other aspect of the car that wasn't quite what I wanted it to be.

There was a lingering thought that that T was maybe too hot-rod and not enough sports-car.  Thoughts about odd fender combinations, that sorta stuff.
I have always had an affinity for Lotus Super 7 style beasts, and in retrospect, that was the part I never quite sorted into the building of that T.

Coming across cars like this one only reinforce my ideas about putting together some fashion of sporty something-or-other.
Sure, it doesn't really fit in any rule books for either fashion or race action these days.  It is sorta what I would be doing/redoing with that last T, if it was still around.
It's not though, and I don't think I am done with Model T's, just letting myself ponder a bit, so the next one it more what is rattling in my own head and less my interpretation of what has come from other folks hands.
I have some ideas...


There is more on the above pictured special little special over here...

No comments: